Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Monday, October 20, 2003


 


Collectively, we have had eleven hours of remembrance for Sis. Price. This includes the viewing (3 hours), the funeral (4 hours), and the memorial service (4 hours). I am not complaining a bit. It needed to be done. There is no way possible to encapsulate a woman of her greatness in an itty-bitty 1+1/2 hour funeral.

The funeral, by the way, was an experience that I will never forget. I didn't wear my silver outfit, but I was that close to doing so. *holds her fingers a miniscule distance apart* I wore a long black skirt, as predicted, and my burgandy shirt, the one with all sorts of designs on it.

The midterm in History-- 99%. I'm happy. I just have to figure out what I missed and make sure I don't miss it again.

I left my notebook at First Christian. I'm bummed about that. I hope nobody reads it. It's not, shall we say, for public consumption. To be taken cautiously under CLOSE supervision. Not that it's got anything bad in it. But if you read what's in one of my notebooks, you'd think you knew more about me than you ever wanted to know. And most of it is just stuff I spouted when I was tired or feeling weird. I'm working on getting it back.

The other thing is that I had a bunch of stuff written in there to post here. But now I don't have it, so I can't post what I wanted to. Phooey.

I was called "squirt" last night. Bro. Steve Crow. I suppose he's entitled to, since he's about a foot taller than I am and was in the youth group when I was on my mommy's lap, but I have never been called "squirt" by anyone! It was quite shocking. I'm still not quite over it yet. I'm sure the effect will wear off, and anyone else who calls me squirt will not get the same reaction. Probably a glare instead. ;-)

I inadvertantly informed the entire church last night that I wanted to write books. I knew I shouldn't have gone up to speak, but no one else had said anything about Sis. Price's writings (Angels in Charge and Through the Poppyfields). I had to mention it. Unfortunately, when I don't have things written out, I wind up spouting anything that floats to the top of my head. Well, not quite anything, but the results are often less than desirable for me. This is a classic example. Now I have people asking me when I'm going to finish a book.

Although I suppose that that was better than telling the entire church about Sis. Price's attempt to ply her matchmaking talents on me. It was after church one night and I had gone over to say hello. She asked me if I had a boyfriend. After informing her that my love-life was, and still is, non-existant, she told me that "there is a boy here that has his eye on you." What she didn't tell me, however, was who that boy WAS. I still don't know and now I never will! Talk about frustrating. Oh, well. It was long enough ago that he has probably forgotten me and moved on with his life.

Emma and Amanda spent the night Friday. Since Chvana didn't spend the night in my room, it was basically clean for no reason at all and that bugs me. So I was going to invite Miss Em, but forgot and she went to her play. I invited Amanda, but she was going to pick up Emma from the play anyway, so when we went to get her, I asked if she wanted to come too. She did. And we had lots of fun.

We braided Emma's hair into 34 tiny (nearly) symmetrical braids. It looks great. She french-braided the braids last night and that looked fantastic, but it made her head hurt, so she took it out about a third of the way through service. Apparently, she has received mixed reactions. The ones from the college generally involve profanity, and the ones from church range from strange looks to gushing compliments.

I think it looks pretty neat.

Dad announced to me this morning that I am going to work on getting my permit this week. What do I do but shrug and salute? Dad has laid down a mandate. "Mine is not to reason why, mine is but to do and die." Or however that line goes. Maybe he'll forget. But I do need to get my permit. The thing is, I'm not worried about my ability to handle a car, it's the other assorted morons and idiots that populate the road, threatening my continued safety, that bother me.

Well, this has been a very long post of random spouting. I've actually gotten pretty good at that, spouting. It comes from physics class--having a vague idea of what the answer might be on my homework and spouting stuff about that. I generally get most of the problem right.

I'll probably come back and spout some more later. As it is, there's a Mikey that I need to go find. I need conversation.

See ya'll later. *grin*

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-