Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Wednesday, October 29, 2003


 


If you're going to read my blog, be prepared to be subjected to a few of my more absurd theories. For instance:

We may exist in the present, but we live in the past. How we perceive the world depends on our memories. Everything that happens is automatically sent to the "memory" portion of our brains and when trying to sort things out, that's the portion that we depend on to let us know what's going on. How fast our brain processes these memories dictates our reaction time. It has been correctly stated that "all we have are our memories."

And...

Inside your brain, there are thousands of little pathways, winding around dome-shaped "receptors." Tiny little "pulses"--translucent tear-drop shaped things with a fiery tail--rush along these paths, darting around the receptors and sometimes ducking into them. It is not until a pulse enters a receptor that thought occurs. New receptors are constantly being added and new "avenues of thought" are under construction at all times. Some of these receptors have 'underground' connections to the emotions. Some are connected to strong feelings of love, hate, protectiveness, jealousy, pain, fear, and so on and so forth. Some aren't connected at all, but are merely neutral. When a pulse enters a receptor with strong emotional attachments, the receptor vibrates and changes color, the color depending on the emotion. When trying to sleep, one must carefully direct these pulses into neutral receptors, so as to keep out emotions. Neutral receptors include (but are not limited to) numbers (i.e. counting to one hundred), letters (saying the alphabet), and trees (unless, of course, you have fallen out of one at some point in time). You cannot sleep with emotions rushing through your brain, so it is best to figure out which are neutral and concentrate on those.

Stuff like that comes from having too much imagination, I guess.

Remember that PreCalc quiz I had on Friday and how I just knew that I had missed the first one? Well, I got it right. I was checking it wrong! Now we're concentrating on logs, lns, and exponents. I don't mind because there is a minimum of graphing and lots of equations.

Next semester I think I'm going to take Spanish, Art History 2, Stagecraft, and.... I don't know. English maybe. Or math. It depends. I have to think about it. And maybe talk to a counselor.

Well, I have food in my backpack--a sandwich and a coke--that is calling my name, so I'm going to go eat and pretend to be awake the rest of the day.

Oh, one more thing: pray for my Mom. She's not feeling all that great.

Au revoir