*sigh*
I think I’m delirious!
Delirious with Delirious, that is. I absolutely adored them! They were better than ten times better live! I will never listen to them the same way again! They were hysterical!
They have a new album coming out February, and they sang some of the songs from it—Touch, Majesty, Rain, and one other, I think. It was fantastical!
"He was a skater boy
She said, see you later, boy"
Don't kill me. If you had gone or if you have talked to me, you'll know what I'm talking about. Completely hysterical.
The lead singer has got the most gorgeous accent, and a voice that I could listen to for HOURS and not get tired of it. And I got a signed poster! *sigh*
So I had fun.
The church is overflowing with flowers. Apparently a florist has run out of flowers and another has had to order more, and call in extra staff. They are reportedly "busier than mother's day."
Hey, we care for our own.
The funeral is today. It is going to be standing room
only, no doubt about it. I heard the viewing last night was packed out with at least 400 people there. They had to bring in chairs.
The choir is singing. I hope I don't fall apart. I don't think I will, but there's always a chance. And I'm serving at the ministers dinner afterwards.
Uncle Carl and co. came down. Chvana was supposed to stay in my room last night, but somehow got sidetracked and fell asleep in Sarah's. They leave tonight.
I am sorely tempted to wear my silver outfit to the funeral. It would be shocking to everyone around me, but Sis. Price had a silver outfit she seemed to especially enjoy wearing. I don't think she'd mind. But funerals are for the living, so I'll stick with black. Not out of any sense of darkness and gloom, but simply because I like to wear it anyway and it will be easy. A nice long black skirt and... I don't know. Some dark-colored shirt, I'm sure. Maybe a jacket instead. We'll see.
My room is clean. My mattress has been flipped. The floor is vacuumed. The clothes have been hung up and folded. All that's left are a few loads of laundry. It's the weirdest feeling having a near-spotless room.
I've got the weirdest feeling that this post is just a bunch of random off-the-top-of-my-head thoughts. Do I care? No.
Emma just called. I love that girl. She and I don't always see eye-to-eye on things, but what do you expect? We're different heights. And we've essentially agreed to disagree, so it works. We've been close friends for--what?--five, six years now? It seems like it's only been a few months ago that we were sitting out in the circle with our binders, furiously writing a large green spaceship with a hyperdrive and trying to figure out if we were going to slap Rhys in irons or not.
Great fun, that.
Well, my mother is going to be around in a bit, so I'm going to sign off.
I'll be sure to let everyone know how much I cried today. That is, if I feel like talking about it. Which I might not.
I need more sleep. My mind is going off on weird tangents. I'd better shut up before I say anything Truly insane.
"It's always the same
You're always to blame
Is there any way around this
I can't see
You walked out on her
You planned to be free
I'm trying not to point the finger
But it's killing me"
Newsboys