Assorted Ramblings:
It's amazing what a little perspective will do for you. You can read or see or experience something and just kind of think, "okay, that was interesting." And then you discover something and when you go back through your memories, it's like "OOOOHHHHH. Is THAT what that was all about," or, "is THAT what that meant," and stuff like that. It's kind of like walking into a room that's dark, tripping over a big black object and walking out, then walking back in when the light's turned on and seeing that it was a rhinoceros. Or something.
And just because I think this is so cool:
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearer at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deons't mttaer in waht
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist
and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal mses and you
can sitll raed it wouthit maojr porbelms. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Amzanig, huh?
I worked yesterday. I got to run the register. *is happy* It's going to be weird when I go work at JJ, though. Yesterday I was ringing up sales in the hundred dollar range. When I go to JJ, it'll be in the 5-10 range. Not that I'll mind. I'm still a little weirded out when I see people spending seventy to eighty bucks on a shirt. I understand that some people do that kind of thing, but... I'm still weirded out.
All my nice rain ran away. *sniffle* I played chess last night with Ryan. It was surprisingly fun. I had forgotten how interesting chess can be. Then we did this doodle thing and made a house that looked like something I drew when I was three. It was great fun. Then Dad came in and took the computer back. STAN, I need DSL in my room! *grin*
I really like my name. I was talking to mom about that the other day. I had gone into JJ to get a smoothie and was talking to the manager briefly, and he referred to me by name. And it's always a bit odd when people that I don't know very well use my name. I guess I don't expect them to know it or something, but everytime it happens, my ears kind of perk up and I really listen to the way they say it. I really like my name. My mother told me that they had considered naming me Alissa. While I have nothing against the name and would probably like it if they HAD named me that, I am grateful that they didn't. So Mom, Dad, if you're reading this, thanks for my name. Thanks to Auntie Pat, as well.
Physics was yesterday. It was really quiet. Chris wasn't there, and neither was Alissa. Niles talked about currents and electromagnets and stuff like that. To be quite frank, I wasn't paying attention most of the time. But Kathryn and I came up with another version of "As Good As You." Em, you're going to kill me, I know. Either that or laugh your head off. I'm not sure which yet. If I had brought it with me, I would post it, but that will have to wait.
You never got the explanation of Mr. Cherry M Voltage, did you? Well, it started with a Cherry Coke Bottle and my sunglasses. I perched them around the neck so it looked like the bottle had eyes. Then a piece of paper with "Take me to your leader" on it. Then Kathey's glove on the cap. Then Kathey's other glove around the base. Then a plastic visor above the sunglasses. Then Kathey's chapstick in the glove below the sunglasses for a nose. Then a battery on top of his head. Then an empty, oversized CapriSun container against the back for a cape. Then a pencil propped up next to him for a walking stick. Then a piece of paper propped up by his feet with "Mr. Cherry M Voltage" scrawled across it. (M stands for Mittens, by the way, even though they were gloves.)
Niles thought it was funny, anyway.
Have you ever felt that everyone was avoiding you? It seems like I can't get anyone to talk to me for more than a few minutes. My main complaint used to be that I couldn't get a guy to talk to me for more than a few minutes, but the conspiracy seems to be growing. Maybe it's just my imagination.
The Tuttles came Friday night and left Sunday morning. Aunt Vicki and Uncle Carl came Monday and left this morning. So when I go home, I get to take a nap on my bed. And do I ever need a nap. I have been going to sleep at alarmingly late hours, most of them none of my doing. Some people just don't seem to understand that I need sleep when I have college the next day. I don't LIKE falling asleep in my classes, and I'm sure my teachers aren't too thrilled, either.
The other night I finally had a dream that I was flying. I cannot remember ever having a dream like that before. Em and I were dressed in these gorgeous flowy dresses with long sleeves, and we were flying over a Disneyland parade.
Then I dreamed that Em and I were back in choir and we were singing on a Sunday night. The weird thing was, the choir was singing "Winter's Tale." Then Mom woke me up and that's what my computer was playing.
I've been listening to Disney music as of late. I like the song from Lady and the Tramp that Peggy sings. It's cute. "He's a tramp, but they love him/ breaks a new heart every day/ he's a tramp, they adore him/ and I only hope he'll stay that way."
I'd like to get the rest of the music from B&B on B. I've only two songs--Home and If I Can't Love Her.
I hate it when I have the wrong notebook. I brought one to class yesterday, planning to rewrite something I had in there that needed to be tweaked. And I discovered that it was in the OTHER notebook. *grumble grumble*
Every once in a while I'll come across a song where the music isn't that great and the guy's voice just DRIVES me NUTS, but the melody will grab me and I'll play it over and over and over. I don't know why. Or sometimes it's just the words. Or sometimes it's the way the guy sings them. I dunno. But it happens. As long as I never hear a country song like that I guess I'll be okay.
Why do people listen, read, or do something just for the sole purpose of making fun of it? If you don't appreciate something and are not trying to, just go away. Don't annoy the people who DO like it. I admit that there are things that I think are funny that other people take seriously. For instance: (sorry, Kathryn) PlusOne. I have never, do not, and probably will never like their music. But that doesn't mean I'm going to toss the cd into the player and let it fill the house so I can make fun of them. One, because I wouldn't do that to myself. Two, because I know that some people DO like it. And if you like them, more power to you. I'm also not going to read a Shakespere play I don't necessarily understand and make fun of it. So please, people. If you don't like Michael Ball, DON'T PLAY THE CD!
Okay, I feel better now.
And I think my time limit is almost up for the comptuter. This post is long enough, anyway.
Have a great day and all that, as if my saying it will actually MAKE you have a great day.
"Human beings, all over the earth, have this curious idea that they ought to behave in a certain way, and can't really get rid of it." CSL