Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Friday, November 21, 2003


 


*floats around*
I just received the most wonderfully superb news! I'm sitting here in the Computer Lab at the college, doing mundane things like checking my email, same old same old and all that, when I notice that I have 2 emails at an address that generally doesn't get that many at a time. I open the inbox and one of them is junk. But the other is from Christine Random. You remember Christine--the one I wrote the backwards letter to. *wink*
In her letter, she said that (drumroll, please) she and her family will most likely be in church with us on Sunday night!!!! That makes me very, very happy.

In other news, I'm feeling better. That does not necessarily mean I AM better, but I'm feeling better. My cough doesn't sound all that great (do coughs EVER sound good?) and my nose is still running (haven't caught it yet), but I don't feel like crawling in a hole and dying anymore.

Just a heads up to Kathey and Emma--if this hasn't cleared up at least some by Sunday, I can't do Sunday School. I'm not going to risk infecting all those darling little children.

In more other news: Kathey had a Princess House (is that right?) Party last night. Actually, it was a tea. It was great fun, and the tea was superbly excellent, along with the sandwiches and the cookies and that cake stuff. *grin*

In more other other news: Physics lab only took an hour and a half yesterday. That's including the instructions. All we had to do was map a magnetic field. That includes this slightly ridiculous routine with a compass, and sprinkling iron filings onto a piece of plastic. It was interesting.

I had a Jamba Juice this morning--Carribean Passion with an immunity boost. That might account for my feeling better, I don't know. Anyway, I got a lot of strange looks from people who thought it was too cold to be drinking a smoothie. But it doesn't matter. I can drink them all winter long.

I get my test back in PreCalc today. I think I did pretty well on it, but that could be overconfidence: you never know. I'll reserve judgement until I see the grade. For all I know, I could have made half a dozen stupid mistakes like I did on the last exam. That's one thing that's really annoying about math: if you have a problem that has several steps and mess up the first one, the entire problem is incorrect. But I gave a painfully exact answer on one of the questions. The answer he wanted was "the year 2068" or something like that. I wrote (and it was right) "2:24 pm, Friday, March 18, 2067 AD" or something to that effect. It was fun.

I think my time limit is almost up, so farewell.

{And I could sail away
Get lost at sea
Where I could lose myself
Where I'll be blind and free}