I have come to a realization.
Well, actually, I came to it a long time ago, but it was confirmed for the seventeen bajillionth time today.
I'm not a people person.
By that, I don't mean that I don't LIKE people. I do. There are some that I like very much. But I don't draw energy from being around people. My darling sister, on the other hand, does. She can go all day, all night, and the day afterward with people and still have energy to spare. She gets it from interaction. I don't. The more I'm around people, especially high-energy people, the more I need a break. Some people understand that, like Em and Dan. When I'm with Dan, we can just sit without talking and both of us are cool. Some people don't understand, and that's okay. Because, to be perfectly honest, I don't always understand the people that draw their energy from social interactions.
So, if you ever feel slighted because I don't, or can't, carry on a lengthy conversation with you, particularly at night after a weekend just chock FULL of people, it's not personal, I promise. It's just that I need some time to recharge and get some of my energy back. My energy rebuilds with quiet and music and books and environments that I control.
I really love all you guys, but there are times when I just need some space.
I don't know why I felt the need to post that. *shrugs*
Another realization.
I love writing.
I especially love the feeling of coming to the end of a story and everything is just fitting together perfectly. All the characters are behaving, the secondaries have actual personalities, the conflict is just right.... *sighs* It's great.
The only downside is... the story IS coming to an end. Then I won't get to work on it. Unless I write in an epilogue that allows for a sequel. That would be pretty cool. *grin*
To all of you who don't know what it's like to write... Try it some time. Write a story, or a bit of a story, or a poem, or some freeverse. You never know: you might like it.
And then another writer would be born, and God knows we can never have too many of those.