Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Thursday, January 29, 2004


 
*swoons*

That's a great word. *swoons*
It's much better than "fainting" or "passing out" or "dropping in an unconscious heap." Those words just don't have the romantic flavor that "swooning" does.
And what better word to apply when listening to James sing?
*swoons*
Kat, I owe you one. Or maybe two.

So I'm listening to a cd that is just chock full of culture. All sorts of culture. And it's educational, too. *nods emphatically* It's helping me with my Spanish. Right, Kat? *grin*

I have a new mattress. It's heavenly, but tall. Now I'm an extra six to eight inches off the ground, and you can tell. I sit on my bed and my feet don't touch the ground. It's a little odd, since that hasn't happened since I was so high. *holds her hand a certain height above the ground*

I don't know about you, but I really like ginger ale. I mean, REALLY. That and hot tea. Give me ginger ale and a stash of good hot tea, and I will never ask for another drink of anything else. Why doesn't the West Coast recognize the wonderful "irreplaceability" of ginger ale? But no! We have to wallow in Pepsi and root beer. Bah. Sometimes I despair for the human race.

Next time you see me, remind me to clear my library card. There are a dozen-plus books, cds, and other assorted media that await me, and I can't get to them because of a trifling eleven dollars. What is that in the light of hours and hours of enjoyment? Bah. I really need to pay it off.

Oversized jackets are fun. Instead of wearing them, you get wrapped in them. And that's more fun than merely wearing something.

The Singperspiration is Saturday. And the Youth Choir isn't singing. We've been cheated!! Think of all the people who will be deprived of hearing us! Think of the fun we would have singing! But no, we have to sit there and listen to everyone else sing, and we won't be singing, and I'm going to cry just thinking about it, and we won't be able to do anything, we'll just sit there and stare at our hands, wishing we were singing, but we won't be singing, and-----
Yeah. So, we're not singing. *sigh*

C'est la vie.

Now I've depressed myself.
I'm going home to wallow in culture.