Dragons and Butterflies
I miss you
I don't see you much anymore
I know you're busy
So am I
I know you've created your own world
So am I
But I still miss you
I want to be together
I want to laugh at a stupid joke
I want to show some stuff I found
I want to talk about nothing in particular and everything in general
I want to just sit quietly
Talking is overrated sometimes
I don't want to know all about you
I won't tell you all about me
I want to post dire warnings on my door
I want you to try my mattress
I want to swoon over James
I want to sit next to you and just breathe
I want to wildly fantasize and giggle uncontrollably
I want to blow bubbles in the backyard
I want to laze a day away
Without any bothers, cares, or concerns
I want to know what you think about the blue sky
Or the trees that are trying to bloom
I want to look at your face
I want to draw dragons and butterflies
I want to sip peppermint tea and watch Veggietales
I want to raid the refrigerator and munch snacks
I want to stare up at the ceiling
I want to set the alarm, then turn it off
I want to goof off and relax
I want you to do it with me
I want to laugh at Garfield and Calvin & Hobbes late at night
I want to wash the harried look off your face
I want you to shut your eyes and think about absolutely nothing
I want to know how you feel about green grass and stars and full moons and sunsets and bumblebees and down blankets and James and fluffy clouds and sweet music and the hills and play-doh and mountains and tablecloths and candles and scones and jelly tarts and roses and tulips
I want to know, even if you've told me before
Because I might maybe could have possibly forgotten
I really do miss you
Call me, huh?