Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Wednesday, March 03, 2004


 
C'est La Vie

You know, I was looking at the little six-liner I wrote this afternoon. I spouted it in direct response to a friend of mine who was stressing out over an insignificant mistake, one that was easily remedied. I thought it was pretty nifty, so I posted it here. Then I looked at it and realized that it kind of sums up my response to life. Sure, I don't like it when situations spin out of my control (i.e. the situation with my mother, who is doing quite a bit better, in case you were wondering), but I just have to make myself step back and let God handle it. It's hard for me, because I tend to stress about little stuff, but somehow I can do it. When people are amazed that I do it, are amazed that I CAN do it, I don't know how to explain it to them. "There's not much more I can say." I suppose it's a little self-preservation technique God gave me to keep from going completely insane.

On a completely unrelated note, something cool happened today. I had mentioned in a speech paper that I like to write. My teacher was passing around handouts today, and when he came over by me, he looked at me and said, "You ARE a writer." I mean, I KNOW I'm a writer, but to have it confirmed by someone who knows what he's doing and has seen hundreds of papers throughout his career...... That just made my day.

Well, that and the hugs I collected from Em and 'Manda. It's interesting how the little things and the big things kind of blend together to form a day that was most enjoyable.

See you tonight, most of everyone. *grin*