"Secret Soul"
What can I do now, my precious Lord
His dark love would be my best reward
I know I should not dare to go deeper in his madness
But it's like a field I must run through
No one's words can make me love him less
How much can I bear, I dare not guess
The secret voice that speaks to me
Tells me he's in danger
Looking to the dust for tenderness
Deep in my secret soul, I stand alone
The purpose of why I'm here is still unknown
And I can't help but sense the darkness in his mind
But I keep looking for his goodness
Afraid of what I'll find
My heart moves through his unquiet sea
I pray a wave will come and carry me
Closer to his troubled tide, waters of his fury
But how can I swim this great divide
Deep in my secret soul, I cry his tears
I weather his angry voice, I feel his fears
His life has infected every wound and every pore
I feel his mysteries possess me
And I pray that mercy's hand will bless me
Deep in his secret soul, his past is cursed
I summon my deepest will to still his thirst
Oh, give me the strength to go
The journey I take must first begin
Deep within my secret soul
--JE OBC--