Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Monday, May 03, 2004


 
Danger! Danger! Unauthorized Rambles Incoming! Execute Evacuation Sequence!

Friday was loads of fun. I had a good day at work, then went to the church and got to play volleyball. I love playing volleyball. I don't think my team won once, but it was still fun. Then we played waterballoon volleyball. Tee hee. That in particular was great fun. You take two teams and two sheets, and you put a waterballoon in one sheet. You're supposed to launch the balloon over the net (which is harder than it sounds) and the other team is supposed to catch it, then launch it back. So the teams of about ten to twelve people per sheet are running around the court, trying to catch a waterballoon in a sheet. Sometimes we don't get it in time, and someone gets wet. Like me, for instance. That was funny. Then we ordered pizza and got soda. We went inside the new building after it got dark and played Telephone, then lined our chairs up for some game or other. I didn't get to play it, because I sat down and kind of squished my finger in the folding chair. It hurt, and I went in the back to perform a cathartic release. So I missed that game, but when I got back they were playing hackeysack. Then we played "squares." If you don't know what that is, ask me. It's too difficult to describe in text. Needless to say, I had great fun. And I believe all my friends that were there had fun as well. Right, Amanda?

Natasha Turley is coming to stay with us for about a month. She is one of the coolest people I know. Her parents are moving to *shudder* Arkansas. No offense, Amanda, but I just can't picture Bro. Turley (a British citizen) surviving in Arkansas. In any case, 'Tash doesn't have a place to stay right now, so we're taking her in. Much to my delight.

Derek, if you're reading this, you really know how to pose some interestingly delicate questions. I will answer you, I just need some time to work my response.

Work is fantastic. My manager asked if I wanted to become a shift leader. I said, "no thank you, not right now." There are some girls there that I think are really hungry and that I could really reach. Two in particular are Jenn and Kim. If you think of it, drop a word in God's ear. Both for me and them.

I got a 67/63 on my Art History Test. Then I looked in the test and wondered just how tired Erik was when he graded my paper. There was one question that I had gotten so horridly wrong that I'm thinking maybe he thought he was hallucinating, because he didn't mark it wrong. When he was talking about the grading, he said "Talk to me if I didn't give you enough points. And if you got something wrong and I missed it, you can talk to me too, but I've only had that happen once." I thought, chalk up a second one, Erik. Or something to that effect. *shrugs and laughs*

Pray for Sis. Hallford as well. She's slipping away to be wish Jesus. Well, maybe not so much for her, but pray for her family. She wants to go home and I don't blame her. Possibly Ryan and Sis. Fata in particular. I think they're taking this the hardest right now, but keep the entire family in your prayers.

Sarah, if you're reading this, I want you to know that I love you. I'm very proud of you. You're a good girl and I'm glad you're my sister. Yes, we have our disagreements, but that's part of growing up. I wouldn't choose anyone else to my sister. When I get my license, we'll go out to lunch and shopping or something.

Praise on the Bay is May 15th. Derek gets to go and that makes me happy.
The Bridal Shower (I don't know what else to call it) is Friday. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm looking forward to it. I told Sis. Tracy that even if no one else shows up, I'd be there. Complete with formal dress, white shirt, white headband, and white pillowcase. I'm also going to bring a cd of appropriate music. Like, Grits: I want you to be mine, be all mine. And a few assorted Disney songs as well as some jazz.

Speaking of jazz... Kat, I got a note from the Queen and she liked the cd. That made me happy. I miss her already, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you're feeling. Love you lots, Kat.

Mom was feeling better yesterday. She went to the wedding on Saturday, and I think she wore herself out, but she slept all Sunday morning and that helped a lot. She has an appointment in Vallejo and the Queen today for Chemo and Radiation, respectively. Nothing nasty has happened yet in the way of side effects. This is a good thing.

I think I'm pushing the time limit here in the lab, so I'd better cut off the ramblings. Thanks for listening, if you bothered. My speech teacher (who is absolutely fantastic, by the way) would call this cathartic release. And while I haven't released all my cathartics, I got enough of them out to hold me 'til next time.

Have a fantastically excellent day, everyone. That's what I'm planning to have.