Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Wednesday, July 28, 2004


 
It was a day

I woke up this morning, realizing I had overslept. I hate that. I had exactly fifteen minutes to get to work. With my daddy's help (he drove), I managed to get there in seventeen minutes. And our new manager showed up today. He seems really nice and he possesses a quality that makes me want to like him right away: he's our permanent manager.

Kathey, you were right: Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Butterfingers from ColdStone is truly, truly excellent. I'll have to get it again some time.

This is Day 7 of the SBF Campaign. I must say it's going along nicely. *is proud of herself*

I'm going to Camp Meeting AND Sr. Camp. It promises to be lots of fun, but I'm looking forward to five days with nothing to do but go to church. I really need a refreshing right now, and a Spiritual refreshing is as good as it gets, as I'm sure you all know.

I can't get over how good tea is.
If I had to list three of my favorite things, I would say : hot tea, hot shower, and hot popcorn. Probably in that order, but the list will change from time to time. I must be weird for wanting 'hot' during the summer, but then again, I've always been weird.

I don't know what came over me the other day, but I sat up and realized with a sudden clarity that I want to teach Kindergarten at the Academy. I really, really want to. Not right now, of course, but in a few years. I won't make it a career like Sis. Green did, but I definitely want to do it for at least a year.

I have a Jornada again. The screen decided to blow out completely on my old one, and so I have another one. I had forgetten how much I enjoyed that cute little computer. Stan comes up to me and says, "Can I touch it?" I think he wants one again, too. They're nifty little things.

Mommy is sore, but otherwise all right. She and Daddy went on an 'excursion,' I think to the coast. Mom really likes the beach. They'll be gone for a day or two.

I finally got my registration back yesterday. FINALLY. I actually got two letters from the college. One said, "You overpaid, and we owe you 7 dollars. Come get it." The other one said, "You didn't pay enough and you owe us 18 dollars. Come pay us or we won't register you for your last class."
I thought it was funny.

Maybe that's what's wrong with me. I haven't laughed enough lately.
Maybe I'll go listen to Stan Freburg.
And clean my room. I need to do that too.