"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
I feel sorry for people who don't/can't appreciate and enjoy the holidays. I really do. For me, it's the part of the year I look forward to for months and hang on to as long as I can. Sure, it drives some people nuts, but I figure it's one of my little quirks that people will have to either accept or ignore. It's not hurting anyone, so.....
We finished decorating the house today, and I must say, it
does look spiffy. Mommy says we need to take pictures of it and pack the pictures in the Christmas boxes, so we know exactly where to put things next year. Maybe you can see it when we all go caroling. That would be fun.
Speaking of decorating, Kathey decorated our classroom today. You should stop by and see it tomorrow morning, and I might be convinced to let you have an animal cracker. :-) I wish I could have been there to help, but I was tied up with family matters. Lo siento muchÃsimo, Kathryn.
In having a discussion about "The Pink Stuff" earlier in the week with first Sis. Anderson, and then Karina, (if you don't know what "The Pink Stuff" is, ask me later, or Michelle, or one of the aforementioned) I have once again come to the conclusion that you cannot disregard part of a tradition simply because you don't like it, as it may mean a great deal to someone else.
For instance: I am not particularly fond of stuffing. I know. *Gasp* *Shock and dismay* It's part of Thanksgiving. You can't have Thanksgiving dinner without the stuffing! The rest of my family, particularly my younger siblings, adore the stuff (no pun intended), but I don't like it. However, if, somewhere in the not-so-near future, we wind up having Thanksgiving dinner at my house, there will be stuffing on the table. Because it's important to someone else. I, of course, have no obligation whatsoever to eat it, but it will be there for everyone else to scarf down and enjoy.
The SBF campaign crashed and burned, which made me really disappointed in myself, but I'm trying to resurrect it. With mixed success.
And since it happens to be 2340, and I have to be up and doing no later than 0730, I must take myself away to bed.
Seriously, stop by and take a peek at our classroom tomorrow morning. I'm sure you'll be impressed with Kathey's handiwork.
Be good.
(^Which is no less silly than telling someone to 'have a nice day')