Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Thursday, January 20, 2005


 
Second First Day

Okay, so the title doesn't exactly make sense. But since I have two sets of classes, MW and TTh, this was my Second "First" Day. So. There you have it.

Dr. Seymour was twenty-five minutes late for class today, because she forgot about it. Oooops. I felt really bad for her, because she felt so guilty. Then she gave her, "You should drop this class because I am the hardest teacher on campus and you'll hate me" speech. It was great fun, since I heard it last semester. She does her best to scare people off, and it doesn't exactly work.
According to her, I'm "massacistic." Did I spell that right?

We have to keep journals for Spanish. That shouldn't be too much of a problem. Since Kathey isn't taking Spanish this semester *bursts into tears* I have to find another partner. Abe should do nicely. We sit in this little clump in a corner of the classroom: Katie, Hilary, Abe, Andrea, and I. All us siblings with our "Linguistic Mother." There are only two Proyecto Orals, but three essays and two *ick* film reviews.
And there are a TON more Native Speakers in the class. Cheeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeeerssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
(But no Sergio)
We had to tell each other what our favorite hour is, and why it is, then tell the class. I played Teacher's Pet first day, and said my favorite hour was Four, because that was when Spanish class started. *grin*
There are thirty some-odd kids in Spanish, so there's no danger of it being cancelled.

My spinning class is in danger, though. There is a lecture class right next to us at the same time, and spinning is rather noisy business, what with the music and all. For some strange reason, the lecture class can't or won't move to another room. I don't know why, so I hesitate to say that they're in the wrong. I'm tempted too, though. There are plenty of lecture rooms, but only one spinning room. It's hard to move stationary bikes. *Joke* I suppose we could just ride them somewhere.... :-)

I have to buy a new book for Critical Thinking. *grumbles* I also have to write a two page paper on what a wonderful person I am and why people who don't know me should give me money. In other words, I'm applying for a scholarship.

And I'm also really, really tired. Fortunately, I don't have to work tomorrow until eleven, and then only for about four hours. That's not too bad.
Then we go to Fairfield and listen to Bro. Joel Booker, who is shaping up to be every inch the preacher that his father is.

I think that's the longest, most cohesive post I've written in quite a while. I'd better end it before I start sounding like a *bitter voice* epileptic gnat.

DSM, signing off.