Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Thursday, March 03, 2005


 
Beautiful Friendship

The words slip past my lips
Through the air
Into your ears
But I didn’t say what you heard
And you didn’t hear what I meant to say
You comment on what you heard
I disagree
Because we’re not talking about the same thing
You claim I’m illogical
I say you’re defensive
And we lash out
Since I’m proud of my logic
And you’re proud of your openness
It’s so confusing
When we’re talking
But not communicating
I don’t know
How to understand you anymore
You can’t figure out
How to interpret my statements
We’ve drifted apart
And we’re not the people we once were
We’ve changed
But not together
And your words
Don’t match my definitions
My actions
Don’t fit your ideals
It’s really too bad
Because it could have been
A beautiful friendship