Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Thursday, May 12, 2005


 
My Bear

I have a teddy bear.
I've had this bear since I was itty-bitty, but it was a lot bigger back then. (Either that or I was a lot smaller. Let me think about that for a while) The poor thing has a few rips, a whole lot less stuffing, it's faded and it's been through several pairs of button eyes, currently possessing one and a half. It's been sewn up and resewn and basically has had the life squeezed out of it and survived to tell the tales. If teddy bears could talk, anyway.
I never named my bear. It's just my teddy. I tried naming it, but nothing ever stuck.
It's the bear I could not sleep without when I was between the ages of five and ten or even a bit older. I loved that poor, pitiful, flattened thing.I still love it.
It's a definitely smaller than I remember, but some of the comfort it provided during my childhood still resides there. It's comforting in a familiar way. If I can help it, I will never get rid of my bear.
Something faintly reminiscent of my childhood, the unquestioning confidence I had that I would be taken care of no matter what happened, still lingers in the stuffed animal.
It's beat up and floppy, but it's my bear and I love it.