Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Wednesday, June 29, 2005


 
Here we are again...

I read too much.
And I write too much.
I think that is why most people continue to disappoint me. I expect too much. I create controllable environments on paper in which everyone is romantic, intelligent, sensible, sensitive, et cetera, et cetera... everything that everyone else is not. It's my own fault, really. If I could just get beyond how I would like people to behave, everything would be a lot more simple.
Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon, so I shall have live with disappointment.

In other, less depressing news, I just got back from Disneyland/California Adventures/Universal Studios/Knott's Berry Farm. The latter was horrible, so I shan't share any details. The other three were absolutely, beyond-words fantastic.
As most of you know, Disney is having it's 50th celebration. It was almost worth going just to see the firework display. Anyone who's known me for a while will probably recall that I adore fireworks. I can't get enough of them. Disney outdid itself this time. I was literally slack-jawed most of the time, staring in wide-eyed, childish wonder at the glittering jewels bursting in the night sky. It sent chills down my spine.
As for the rest, it was just too wonderful for words. At least, words on a blog. I've got a relatively well detailed journal floating around somewhere. Maybe I'll post some of that.
In any case, I had so much fun that when I got back, I almost felt ready to go back to school. :-)

There's a bunch of icky drama type stuff going on at work right now, to the point where I want to avoid the place like the plague. Not typical Bethany-behavior. And this has nothing to do with my previous state of disappointment in the human race. This is just junk and garbage.

I redid a bulletin board in our Sunday School classroom. It looks very patriotic, if I do say so myself. :-)

All in all, I'd say my life is ranking about a 7, on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the highest. Could be better, could be worse.

In any case, I'm going to go drown my disappointment in the human race in some peppermint tea.