Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Thursday, September 22, 2005


 
Of Blogs, Blogging, Bloggers, and Those Who Read Them

So, Em thinks I (well, the Bloggees as a whole) need to post more. :0)
To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure if anyone reads this thing anymore.
I know Em does occasionally... I think... :) And Christine... But aside from that.... *shrugs*
Ah, well.
I suppose that shouldn't matter.
This is my cathartic release site, after all. And a journal, of sorts. I enjoy reading my own posts from months and months ago. It's rather interesting.
Yes, I might just be a wee bit narcissist. But only a bit.

So...
Let's start with recent events.
I went to Praise on the Mountain. First Time Ever. Drove a carfull of giggling, shrieking teenagers all the way down and all the way back. :) It wasn't that bad. I had fun.
Mom and I had our pictures done in one of those Antique Photo studios where they dress you up in costumes. They turned out incredibly spiffy. When Dad's computer gets up and running again, I'll scan and post them. My mother's so pretty. :D
We also went to Medieval Times. An enjoyable experience, yet again. We were on the Blue Knight's side, and he won. *big grin* That was cool. And he gave the "Queen of Love and Beauty" ribbon to this six-year-old cute-as-a-button girl. It was cute. It was the only thing that offset his ego, which was roughly the size of Mt. Everest. *wink* Can't really say I blame him, though. I mean, if I were a knight and had girls shrieking at me and fighting over the pitiful carnations I tossed their general direction, I might get an overinflated ego, as well.
All in all, it was most enjoyable.

Brandon is in town for a few weeks. Then he's going back to NC to find out when he's leaving. *sigh*
School has started.
I'm taking, in case I forgot to tell you, Psych, AmLit, Child Development, and Cross Cultural Child Development.

Psychology is fantastic. I learn without trying. Dr. Wachsmuth is hysterical. He has us in stitches for a good 30% of the class. I would describe it as just about anything but boring.
AmLit is.... okay. Dr. Seymour is just as spiffy as ever, but I'm not looking forward to the literary analysis and the midterm. The reading's not so bad. I actually enjoy most of the stuff. And that class is not boring, either.
Child Development is interesting, but I just took a test and I'm not too sure how well I did. She's a big "read the book" person, and shows more videos than she talks. It's hard to tell what to study for when teachers are like that. You wind up trying to study everything and really learn nothing. But the Theorist project was fun... even though I hate group work.
And Anthropology... Cross Cultural Child Development.... well.... the less said, the better. Let's just say it's not my favorite class, and leave it at that, okay? Okay.

General Updates:
I'm writing, still. Scraps and pieces, mixed in with bits and chunks. Little tiny snippets here and there... basically just scenes that "pop" into my head, or short dialogues. Nothing long or novel. Just pieces.

I'm now a big, bad Shift Leader. Oooooooooh. ;) It basically means trying to get my work done as well as making sure everyone else gets their work done. Sometimes I wonder if it's more trouble than it's worth, but then.... I dunno. It's not too bad. I just have to get used to it, that's all.

Future plans:
Hannah and I fly out October 3rd, roughly midnight, and head to Mississippi. We're joining CSI (Compassion Services International), the relief group for Katrina through UPC, for about a week. We come back the 11th. It'll be mainly counting boxes and things like that, but it'll make me feel less helpless and more useful. And a bit less selfish.

Assorted Observations:
Where did everybody go?
Emma's got work, Ben, and Hobees.
Kathryn's got work, school, Reina, and England.
Michelle's got work, school, Stan, Dan, and the Trips.
Christine's in Barstow.
Amanda's got Cristian and Natasha.
All I have is my little pity party. :)
Yes, I know when I'm feeling sorry for myself. I know when I'm being unrational, unreasonable, and illogical. That doesn't of necessity mean I'll stop. ;)
I'm fine, really.
Just feeling a wee 'ittle bit lonely.

I've been listening to Christmas Music.
Yes, I know, it's not Christmastime yet. So I've been told. I don't care. :)

I've also been playing Stan's PSP. :D

And not blogging. Apparently.

Clay Aiken is kinda cute.

This has degenerated into pointless rambling, which is generally a sure sign I'm tired and should go to sleep.

So, I take my leave of you, Gentle Reader, and humbly thank you for taking the time to visit my meager website.
I bid you good evening.