Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Saturday, November 05, 2005


 
Me

I’m playing a game with myself
I’m seeing how long it will take
Before anyone notices that I’m not quite me
I’ve made big steps
And I’m closer than I’ve been
But I’m never quite there
Sooner or later, someone will see
Someone will look at me one day
And think, “that’s not really you”
They might keep it to themselves
Or they might confront me and demand the truth
And I don’t know what I’ll say
Because that’s the other game I play
The game I play with myself
How long can I be me
Without being me
And how long will it take
Before I notice
Either way, I don’t think I’ll win