Of Cars and Dreams
Last night I dreamed about The City, a Monorail, being chased by someone who was trying to give me directions about where I should go next, Jamba Juice, and my Car.
'Tis a funny thing: Every time I dream about driving my car, there is invariably one thing wrong with it. And that one thing wrong is invariably the brakes.
I can never stop the car in time, and usually wind up either plowing into the back of the police car in front of me or stopping in the middle of the intersection.
Last night, however, the brakes just weren't working
at all. They would slow the car to a crawl, but would not stop the car altogether, no matter what I did. I was getting really frustrated. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Then my car changed into a scooter, and that was just weird.
Last night, I dreamed that I was someone else, I don't remember who, and I was with some random girl in the Stained Glass Window Room at the church. We had a perfectly logical explanation, though I don't remember what it was, for what we were doing, and what we were doing was trying to blow up part of the church.
For explosives, we were using Pringles.
And before you laugh, the can said "7 ounces of explosive material in each chip," so it's not like we were crazy, or anything.
Anyhoo, I was stacking Pringles in one room, and she was lighting a fire in the next, since the Pringles didn't have a fuse and would just explode when fire touched them. We tried to get out of there via the Prayer Room door, but had miscalculated how much time we would have, and wound up being thrown out of the door by the shockwave.
Then I tried calling 911, but they refused to accept my call. They had a really annoying hold message, too. Grr. Well, I had the Police department's number in my phone (I really do), but not the Fire department, and was contemplating calling the Police and asking if
they could call the Fire Department, when Emma and Ben walked by. Don't ask me why, 'cause I never asked them. :o) Emma called 911, and they answered
her phone call (I'm bitter. :o) ), and the Fire people showed up.
The really funny thing is, they agreed with our reasons for trying to blow up the church, and said we did the right thing, but again, I can't remember what those reasons were.
That's probably a good thing.