The Party
Well, if I don't post this now, I never will, 'cause I'll forget or get distracted or won't feel like it or something.
So here goes:
The Christmas party for the Youth, which I agreed to organize (silly me. Next time I volunteer for something like that, slap me, okay? It'd be less painful and over a whole lot sooner) seemed to be a rip-roaring success.
Anyhoo.... big thank you to Kathey and Reina for taking care of the kitchen end of things. You both saved my life. I would probably be drooling and mumbling incoherently while nice men dressed in white carried me away to a nice padded cell in the building in the South end of town if I had had to concentrate on the kitchen on top of everything else. Thank ever so much. You have earned my everlasting gratitude.
We played a Christmas carol game as an ice breaker... everyone sings Christmas carols at the top of their lungs and tries to find the other people who are singing the same thing. Next up was a California Snowball Fight... we hurled crumpled up wrapping paper at each other.
Then Sarah debuted as The Girl in the Bubble Gum skit, which elicited many cries of disgust (as was planned). Then came the Invisible Bench, which nobody seemed to a) understand or b) think was funny enough to laugh.
Moving right along, Michael entertained us with some fabulous stand-up comedy, regaling us with stories of bachelorhood, the mall, and best and worst Christmas gifts.
Then we had a chopstick relay with ornaments and... chopsticks. Next, we drew angels on paper plates held on top of our heads (no peeking!!)
After that, we did the Secret Papers Skit (again, either they weren't paying attention or they just didn't get it), the Choir Skit (Ryan Fata has been holding out on us about his acting abilities), and The Psychiatrist Skit (Apparently Candace's boss is leaving her. :o] )
Then I thanked everyone for coming and told them all to go home.
Did they?
No. They stuck around and talked and hollered and laughed and played Improv Freeze Tag, compliments of Derek.
I suppose that meant they all had a good time, since they apparently didn't want to leave.
Anyhoo, thanks to everyone who came, Double Thanks to everyone who helped, and hope you come next time to everyone who missed.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Good Night.