Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Friday, December 02, 2005


 
Weather

"Whether, whether, whether, whether you like it or not/ Weather, weather, weather, weather is cold, warm, or hot"
And recently it's been more on the warm and hot side. Icky. It's November, for goodness' sake! It's supposed to be overcast, wet, and COLD. But nooooooooo. It refuses to make up it's mind. Blasted weather. It's a gorgeous day outside... if you like that sort of weather. Clear as a bell, sunshiney, et cetera. You would never guess we had a simply glorious cloudburst yesterday, except for the last few puddles. It's very frustrating. This is NOT how it's supposed to be. Grrrr. Who do I complain to? I'm going to ... to... to... to write a letter!!! That's what I'm going to do. To.... to the Government Agency In Charge Of November Weather!!

*sigh*

Oh, well.

School's almost over. A lot of people are losing steam. I can understand that. It's taking a little extra motivation on my part to finish my assignments on time. I just realized that I have three major assignments due on Dec 8th. In an attempt to ease up Finals week on us, all my T/Th teachers have made the big stuff due a week earlier... coincidentally, it's all on the same day. An Interview paper and Journal due in Anthropology, a literary analysis due in English, and the last test in Psychology. Icky.

Oh, I quit my job. My last day was Wednesday. *dances around the blog, singing joyfully* Now I have the time to do all the things I've been wanting to do: help out at the school, clean my room, eat dinners with my family (not sip a smoothie at work), become domesticated, and so on. Unfortunately, I no longer have an income, so I have to be very careful about my money.
But before I did that, I had one final splurge on myself. I bought a jacket at Target. It's military green (not camo. don't worry), and a military cut with a Mandarin collar. It looks like... well, it looks like an Imperial officer's jacket without the insignia. And I'm strongly tempted to buy an Imperial patch and put it on the left sleeve. :o) We'll see.

Let's see... what else...
Caroling party for the youth. Meet at the church at 6pm, Friday the 9th. We'll end up at my house for hot chocolate and cookies. You know you want to come. We'll have a blast.
I'm in charge of the Youth Christmas party on the 16th. Chips, soda, skits, and games are exactly what Dr. Bethany ordered. :o) I managed to convince Bro. Paul that the youth may not want to go to Olive Garden and have a speaker. I asked him to save that until Valentine's Day and let me try my hand at running a Christmas party.
Maybe it'll be a rip-roaring success. Maybe it will be a flop. But I'll have done it. :o)

Anyway.... I probably should go do something constructive.
Much love to all my faithful readers who constantly check my blog in faint hopes that I might have actually taken the time to post something original....
@->---