Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Tuesday, February 28, 2006


 
Is this a Blog I see before me... or what?

So. I'm wondering why I even bother to write in this thing anymore.
I used to think it was to stay in touch with friends, but it's not like I post anything incredibly important.
I suppose that it's kind of a chronological log of my emotions... when I remember to write about them.
I also used to think it was just because I love writing... but the writing I love isn't necessarily this type of writing. Besides, when I REALLY feel like writing, I don't head straight for Blogger... I whip out the ol' Jornada and start typing away about the god-maker, or Seth.
I think it's because it's nostalgic.
I remember the blog craze, and all the hype, and the flurry of updating, and the background changes, and the theme switches... I remember when all the bloggies caught a computer virus and were all sick for about a week... blogonchitis, or some such thing.
So I guess that's why I do it.
It connects me with my memories.