Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Saturday, March 04, 2006


 
Blast the Luck

So, I leave the wedding, heading straight for the gas station and then Panda Express to get dinner for Nathaniel. I'm in nice clothes and high heels. I start driving over the Imola bridge, then notice that I've got the gas pedal to the ground and the speedometer is dropping lower and lower... and lower.... and lower.....
AAAUUUURRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
This, ladies and gentlemen, is an historic occasion. I RAN OUT OF GAS!!!!!!!
ON MY WAY TO THE GAS STATION!!!!!
AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!




I'm so embarrassed.

Fortunately, after calling person after person and receiving no answer (thank God for cell phones), I finally got through to my angel, Kristina, who brought me enough gas to get over the bridge. Thank you very very very much, Kristina, if you're reading this! You're a life saver!
I was stuck up there for half an hour, enduring the stares of everyone who drove over the bridge. One person slowed down and almost stopped, but in the end kept driving. Only one couple actually spoke to me and offered a ride. It was very nice of them.
I'm just glad it's over.

And, yes, I know it happens to everyone. Yes, I know it's just a part of life. And yes, I know it's not that big of a deal.
I'll get over it eventually and even be able to laugh about it someday.

Just not right now.

Bah!



Why do all my knights in shining armor live out of town?