Of Pieces and Peace (Repost)
Stuff
Little tiny fragments
A bit of this
A pinch of that
Swirl it together
Mix it up good
Pieces from here
Chunks from there
Swish it around
A bit from this situation
A little from that problem
A chunk from that relationship
A regret from that conversation
A tidbit from that dilemma
Swirl in my brain
Clamor for my attention
Vie for my thought and consideration
Squished into a lump of trouble
Mixed into a bundle of doubt and confusion
Lumpy, ooey gooey, yucky, sticky mess
All wanting my time
Stealing my spare moments
"Think about me!"
"Consider this problem!"
"Remember that issue!"
"Worry about this situation!"
They all scream and shriek
Rending the silence with tinny voices
Like claws dragging down a chalkboard
All that can drown out these voices
Are more voices
Soon it's unbearable
And I add my pleas to theirs
"Leave me alone!"
"Go away!"
"I can't think about you!"
"God, help me!"
. . .
I feel His warmth
I sense His presence
It sweeps through my mind
Soothes my frazzled heart
Calms my harried soul
His hands gently knead the lump
Smoothing out the clumps
Deftly blending the cacophony
Into a sweet melody
Silencing this voice
Lifting that one
Splendid harmony
Fades away
Blessed silence fills my ears
Calms my mind
Floods my soul
As He smooths my crumpled choices
Into soft folds of His will
And His peace envelops me
As I rest in Him