A Beautiful Ride
Sometimes, life is wonderful. It's gorgeous, it's happy, it makes you want to sing and dance. You feel like bouncing around with a smile permanently plastered across your face. Everything's going your way and the sun is metaphorically shining.
Sometimes, life is the pits. Nothing's right. Your timing is off, people get mad at you, you don't want to do anything but curl up in bed, pull the blankets over you, and not come out until things get better.
There are ups and downs. Life is a roller coaster. You're soaring one minute and plummeting the next. It's unpredictable. You don't know what's around the next corner. That's why life is horrible and wonderful at the same time.
I know most people don't care for country music. I didn't until about a year ago. You don't have to like it, but sometimes the songs are so poignant you can't help but admire them.
The one I'm referring to is by Gary Allen. He wrote this after his wife died.
"Life ain't always beautiful. But it's a beautiful ride."
I agree. Sometimes it's dark, sometimes it's light. But overall, it's a beautiful ride.