Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Tuesday, May 09, 2006


 
God Loves Me!

I had a paper due today and a quiz in Abnormal Psychology. The paper was a research essay on schizophrenia, and the quiz covered one disorder out of close to fifty that we had to know. Augh! Anyway, I spent nearly twelve hours working on this stuff yesterday, from four thirty in the afternoon until four in the morning, and I got the paper done, but not all the studying I needed to do. When mom woke me up this morning, I was half talking in my sleep, and now I think I know what schizophrenia feels like. ;o)
Anyway, I got up and went to school, trying to decide if I should leave environmental studies class early, or study in class, or ditch it altogether... I'm walking toward my classroom, absently and kind of wishfully thinking, "God, if You really love me, class will be cancelled." Well, as I got closer to my class, I saw a bright orange piece of paper stuck beside the door....
Are you ready for this?
Class was cancelled! Fastest I think God has ever answered a prayer for me, and conclusive evidence that I am indeed loved. ;o)
So I spent the next hour and a half in the library, finishing my notecards and stressing about the quiz. Then I go to class, and sit down, and look at the case study.... and freeze. The disorder she chose is barely covered in the text and the treatment is very vague, since it's such a common and not very serious disorder. I wasn't even sure if I was thinking of the right one. So I begged God to help me, and gave it a stab.
I aced it.
She graded it in class, which was very nice of her, since I don't have to stress about it until Thursday. 25/25. I'm very happy, and very loved.

And then I get home and finally found my bank book that will allow me to access the 135 dollars I've been saving "for a rainy day." Like no gas and no money, even though the sun is shining.
I really, really need to get a job.
God, could you help me with that, too? Love You!

Just a day in the life of one of God's children. ;o)