Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Friday, July 14, 2006


 
Time Slips Through Your Fingers

Like a handful of sand

It's already mid July and I haven't posted anything. Funny how I just stopped caring for a while. *shrugs*


Let's see.
My Fourth was cruddy. I had to work, and it wasn't fun. Wound up watching fireworks all by my lonesome from the Imola bridge.
Parents left town for a week, and all hell broke loose 'round here while they did, but I'd rather not go into details.
I've been staying up too late and regretting it in the morning, then staying up too late again, and regretting it... can't convince myself to go to sleep any earlier. So, here I am. Up late again. ;o)
Today was annoying. I cut my thumb, really badly, and it bled for about ten minutes. Actually, I think it bled longer than that, but I had to put a bandaid on it and get back to work anyway because we were really busy. I had to wear a glove the rest of the day, and that was really really annoying, because I was banished to register, my least favorite position. WhenI counted my register at the end of the day, I discovered that I was missing four dollars, which I only account to the fact that I was wearing a glove and miscounted $1s when giving out change. But despite all that, it actually wasn't a bad day. Just not a good one.
Oh, yeah. I tried registering for my two lit classes today. WebAdvisor let me into one of them, no problem, then it told me that I hadn't taken the prereq for the other. I was confused, so I found out what the prereq was.
Are you ready for this? English 100.
Now, granted, I haven't taken English 100. I DID, however, take 120, 125, and 215. Go figure. So I had to go to the college and fill out a goofy form and they said they'd "mail" me "something."

There's a chance that Em and I will be taking some classes together next semester. That makes me very happy. :o)

My boss gave me tomorrow off.
For no reason whatsoever.
I didn't even ask for it.
*happy dance*
So I'm going swimming.
*happy dance*
Although it will be awkward with this bandage on my thumb. :o(
Oh, well. Swimming is swimming. :o)

And it's late. I'm tired.
I have now updated my blog.
Please, keep the celebrations to a minimum.