Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Monday, September 04, 2006


 
The Birds and the Bees

Well, I don't actually have too much to say about the birds... they've been staying out of my way as of late. Except, I do miss Sweet Pea. :o|
But that's not the point.
The point is, I got stung by a bee yesterday!!! On the bottom of my right foot. It was really painful.
Although I suppose I've been blessed to have survived twenty-one years and for this to be only my second sting. Especially when you consider all those yellow jackets that would hang out at the Sunday School Picnic at the Veteran's park.
But it still hurt. :o(

I went to the mall today. My family went to the state fair, but I had to work. Ironically, I'm the only one who really wanted to go... everyone else can take it or leave it, but they already had plans with a neighboring pastor's family. So they went, and I went to the mall.
I spent money on me. :D I bought two jean skirts, a hooded shirt, and an Old Navy sweatshirt. :o)
Sometimes I like going places by myself because then I don't have to talk to anybody. Talking to people can take too much energy sometimes.
So I had the day pretty much to myself, and I have no regrets. Except I was a little ticked that they didn't have the skirt I really wanted in my size. They had the size above it and the size below it, and neither of them fit right.
Work went smoothly... all the numbers are looking good, and all the customers were pleasant. A rarity, in customer service. One gentleman did tell me that I am "way too cheerful." I didn't think I was being overly cheerful, but apparently he did. ;o)

I dropped photography. I dropped it because the teacher seems to inhabit a world filled with stupid, spiteful people, according to him. And I like to believe better of my fellow humans than that.
He knows photography really well, but I was tired of picking through his rambling, pointless stories and vicious, derragatory comments about everyone, from the President of the College to his wife to the girl who worked in the photo lab, in order to glean a few pieces of useful information.

I'd rather just read my camera manual. ;)

So now I'm taking two lit classes. And that makes me happy. :o)
And Em's in one of them. That makes me happy, too. :o)

I'm reading Eragon. Well, I've finished Eragon, and I'm reading Eldest. The author must be a Star Wars geek. It's rather amusing. I'll have to post the parallels sometime.

My parents are going to Paris on Friday.
Paris, California, that is. ;o)
That's about as much fun as saying that my brother was in jail for two years. :o)

Speaking of, he's out, now. He has a class on MWF, and he couldn't work the jail's schedule anymore. So Stan, while technically still employed at the jail, is not working right now. Pobrecito.

And I think that's pretty much my life right now.
If I think of anything else, I'll be sure go let you know.