Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Tuesday, October 03, 2006


 
Today

Today was a nice day.
I slept lazily until 10, and actually felt rested when I awoke. Stan and I talked for a while before I left the house. I listened to songs from WWII which were very sweet and soothing as I drove to pick up Emma for school. Brit Lit was enjoyable, primarily because it's the last day that we cover the Cantebury Tales. Now, I probably like CT as much as the next person, but it was getting old. Then I took my car to get a bath. As silly as this may sound, there's something oddly soothing about going through a car wash. I think it's because it's dark and there's lots of water. And I ate crackers, turkey, cheese, and a small handful of Skittles, and washed it down with raspberry iced tea.
After that, I took my car to get two new tires, and I got to see Travis. :o) He told me it would be about forty-five minutes and then told me I could take his car to go home. :O He has a very nice car. So I went home, and, having conveniently left both of my textbooks in my car, rendering me unable to do any homework at all, chilled for about an hour, not doing much of anything. And then Stanley came home, and we go to talk some more. :o)
Then the tire place called me, and I went to go pick up my car. On my way, I called my manager to tell him I might be a few minutes late. I had to bribe him with ice cream, but he was okay with it.
Then I went to work, but it was so slow that I spent forty-five minutes in the back room, eating chocolate ice cream and talking work-stuff with Alex before I clocked on. Work was work, but as far as inventory nights go, it wasn't too bad. My sister stopped by. And then we closed, and my brothers stopped by. They stayed until I was done, which was just a few minutes, 'cause we got out early tonight :D and then they went with me to get Chinese food.
Now I'm at home, and I've just decided that I'm not going to write that in-class literary analysis for Women's Lit tomorrow, because I don't really feel like finding something to write about. So I'm going to write Dr. Seymour a story. She knows I can do literary analysis, but, after all of my writing that she's read, she doesn't know I can write fiction. So, I'm a woman, and I write literature, and it's for my Women's Literature class.... :o) I know she can't give me a grade, but that's why I'm taking this class credit/no credit. :D
And it's supposed to rain tomorrow, which makes me very happy and may mean that I don't have to go to work.... So, all in all, it's a very, very happy day for me.

:o)