Into the West
"Why do you weep? What are these tears upon your face? Soon you will see all of your fears will pass away. Safe in my arms, you're only sleeping..." ~Into the West, LotR
Thursday, December 07, 2006


 
Dreadful News

So, I stopped by my work today, to get a smoothie, even though I didn't work. (I'm so loyal) And my manager, Alex, had so very dreadful news for me. I was crushed. Heartbroken. Apparently, our district manager called, and all stores have made a change: The managers have to do inventory now. No Leads allowed.
Which means that I no longer am in charge of inventory. My manager has to do it from now on.
I mean, that was my favorite part of the week. It was just so much fun to spend up to an hour in the freezer, organizing and weighing and counting. I loved trying to track down every single bag of chips, every bottle of water, every snack bar, and trying to make all the numbers fit with what the computer says we should have.
I love having my team members ask every five minutes, "Are you done with inventory yet? When will you be done? Have you even started yet? Why aren't you done? You're taking forever." And so on and so forth.
I looked forward to inventory nights all week long, and now they're ripping them away from me? I'm grieved. I'm dismayed. I'm unhappy and sad and depressed and gloomy and miserable and distressed and despondent and dejected and forlorn.
I've included a picture that about sums up how I feel about this decision.






So, yes, I was being incredibly sarcastic. This is the best news I've had all week. Pretty much all month. And as far as work goes, it's the best news I've had all YEAR! Let the singing and dancing and merriment and rejoicing and general celebrations begin. :o) :o)