Here We Are
I'm tired. I've been having a hard time falling asleep recently. I usually wind up staring at the ceiling for a good twenty minutes before I start drifting. The other night I laid there for a good two hours or more. This is directly caused by not having any place to go in the mornings and consequently not having a good reason to pull myself out of bed before eleven. So when I do go to bed early, I haven't been awake long enough to fall asleep.
Last night I had been awake enough, but I was still coming down from an adrenaline rush. I played Airsoft with the guys after church. It was jolly fun. :o) I lasted most of the game, which made me happy. I played sniper.
The other part of sleeping late stems from staying on the phone until all hours of the night with Christine. :o) She is a honest-to-goodness Godsend, and I have no idea what I'd do without her. We fritter away hours on the phone. Well, not now. She managed to transfer before I did, and now she's got the commute I'm going to have in the Fall, and an eight o'clock class. Poor thing.
I'm going to take the munchkins from school to the Exploratorium next Tuesday. Frankly, I wanted to go anyway, and they're just an excuse. ;o) I'm looking forward to it. Chaperones, ride arrangements, schedule changes, et cetera are all squared away.
I was a brat at work today. I worked with Alex my manager and Other Alex. At different times during the day, they both left their aprons unattended. I switched name tags. Alex my manager became Scott, and Other Alex became Alicia. They both knew that I had switched the other's name tag, but neither caught on that I had switched their own until after I left. I got an amusing phone call on my way home. :OD Hee hee.
School has started. Well, not for me. For the rest of my friends. I signed up for a late start class, silly me, and the first class isn't until next week. It's Creative Writing, and I'm looking forward to it.
As you could probably tell from the Sister Hazel quote at the top of my blog, I'm trying once again to get my room under some semblance of order. I'm actually making consistent progress, even if it is a little slow. I've been able to see the majority of the top of my bed for a good two and half weeks now. That's the longest I've ever gone. And three of my dresser drawers are still organized. I'm proud of me. :OD
Ladies' Conference is next month. My Aunt Linda Gleason from Oregon is the featured speaker, and that's just the cherry on top. ;o) Ladies' Conference is pretty much the highlight of my year, as far as church functions go. It's pretty fantabulous. So far, Brooke and Mom and I are slated to share a room, with the possibility of my sister joining us for the last half.
I've been reading an awful lot. I've gone through more books in the last month than most people read in the entire year. And I've done some more writing. I've been inspired again to write more about Elora, and it's going rather well. ;o) Reading and Writing are what I love to do most. :o)
And now I'll stop rambling and go fix dinner. Probably chicken something or other. ;o)